Sunday, July 30, 2006

Marty's Album of the Month for July 2006

Quickly becoming the signature album of the summer of 2006, Nelly Furtado’s Loose is striking a chord with an audience that never thought it would enjoy hip-hop…namely, me. I’ve always been a fan of Ms. Furtado, but when I heard the first single off her new album, Promiscuous, I was more than a little concerned that her career had simply been hijacked by a desire to appeal to the larger audience out there that has embraced a more urban sound in pop music. Yet, the more I heard the song, the more began to appreciate it’s sensual nature. In fact the more I listen to it, the more I want to throw someone up against a wall and rip their clothes off.

Most of the rest of the album is equally as impressive. The beats are emotional and compelling, and the lyrics make each song worth a few listens to make sure you catch everything. What I find most interesting is that this album has made my changing taste in music a bit more apparent. Take a listen and you’ll understand what I mean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Roach said...

pick me!
pick me!

my summer song is pussycat dolls buttons...loosen up my buttons...ok!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home