Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Marty's Album of the Month for March 2006

My albums of the month are usually new finds I’ve come across while trolling the internet for new talent. However, the pick for this month was one I came across at a K-Mart in 1987. It’s a little overdue for recognition in this forum, but sometimes quality wins out over timing. Do you remember where you were when you first heard Janet Jackson’s “Nasty”? I was sitting on my bedroom floor, listening to Casey Kasem’s Weekly Top 40, organizing my GI Joe figures (by outfit). Every since, I’ve had an appreciation for the truly talented member of the Jackson family, and especially her album, Control. The words are classic but timeless…

“What’s up, girl?”
“He stood me up, again.”
“Again?”
“Mmm hmm.”
“Well, what’s up with this guy? Do you really like him that much?”
“Yes, honey, I love him, and he is fiiiine. You know, he does a lot of nice things for me.”
“I know he used to do nice stuff for you, but what has he done for you lat-ely??”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home