Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Do You Feel Lucky? Well, Do Ya, Punk?

I just thought you'd all be interested in my trip down to the Comcast Customer Service Center.

I step up to the window...

CS Rep: “(muffle) (muffle) (muffle) number (muffle) (muffle).”
Me: Excuse me? (placing ear closer to 4” of bulletproof glass)
CS Rep (muffle) (muffle) phone number (muffle).
Me: Oh…

CS Rep: I need (muffle) (muffle) (muffle) process (muffle) return.
Me: I’m sorry, I can’t hear you. Can you speak up?
CS Rep: (rolls eyes) I need your address to (muffle) (muffle) return.
Me: Ok…

CS Rep: Place your equipment in the (muffle).
Me: In the what?
CS Rep: The box! Right there (points).
(The box is a contraption also made out of bulletproof glass that is designed to be opened on one end and to have something placed inside. The operator on the other end can only open the box once the first side is closed)
Me: (after trying to crap a HD DVR box into the small space) It doesn’t fit!
CS Rep: Just shove it in. Hard.

Me: Can I have a receipt showing that I returned the equipment?
CS Rep: I just gave you one.
Me: It doesn’t say anything about me returning equipment! Just says I don’t owe any money.
CS Rep: Exactly.
Me: No chance you guys will loose the stuff?
CS Rep: (no response…stares at keyboard).

As I walked away, I saw one of the reps moving the equipment, heard a crash, and saw that the likely very expensive HD DVR had been DROPPED ON THE FLOOR.)

Why is there bulletproof glass at a cable company? Doesn't this indicate that there's a problem with their Customer Service?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home