Sunday, December 04, 2005

What The Hell Is In Egg Nog, Anyway?

Well, what can I say…it’s been a busy few weeks since I last submitted an entry here. It seems that every year, as soon as Thanksgiving hits, normality in my life gets tossed to the curb, and for the next month I have to worry about holiday parties (which ones do I attend, which ones do I avoid), Christmas gifts (what to buy and who gets them), travel plans (how do I tell my parents I want to stay in DC this year?), and various other seasonal details. Add to that the fact that I have to sell my house in Ohio to avoid going bankrupt, and that I have to find a new apartment in which to live by the end of the month, you can see why this is shaping up to be the most wonderful time of the year.

Yet, I find myself strangely excited by the fact that it’s supposed to snow several inches tomorrow. The commute’s going to be hell, but I always look forward to the eerie silence that a good snow can bring to the city, as the white powder soaks up the background chatter from our urban stew. And if I happen to get a day off out of it…well…all the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home