Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lessons

It's been a busy week for me and for the country. I'll spare you the long stories and just give you some of the lessons I've learned...


  • I will never be able to completely give up coffee. My loyal readers know that I have been trying to kick this habit for a while, I thought that I had the willpower to do this, and actually was able to remain on the wagon for a few months. However, right around this time every year, Starbucks begins serving their Pumpkin Spice Latte. Every year I wait for the PSL like a giddie school boy. They make an addictive substance even more addictive, like adding crystal meth to crack. If I can hold myself to one every other day, I'll consider it a triumph.
  • You should never hire anyone named "Scooter".
  • Michael Jackson's Thriller is timeless.
  • When you walk into a retail store in which one of your friends works, your are in danger of spending crazy amounts of money. I know, it sounds obvious, but I think it needs to be restated.
  • Once and a while "advise and consent" actually means something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha...you can't live with out coffee. i knew it could only last so long KRNT....

7:07 PM  
Blogger Brechi said...

hehe, you are so right about PSL. I love it too. Pumpkin stuff is just too good to be around only two months out of the year. Have a great weekend!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home