Saturday, November 12, 2005

Touched for the Billionth Time

The hysteria has already begun. The buzz surrounding the release of Madonna’s new album Confessions on a Dance Floor reminds me of the incessant noise the cicada’s made in the summer of 2004. I’ve heard “Hung Up” about a billion times since it happened to show up on the internet prematurely a few months ago. I’m picturing Madonna sitting in front of her instant messenger program of choice, signed on as kabalalover1958, pushing her track out to the world, and telling a select group of fanatics that she got it from some DJ in New York.



Now, I’m sure every homo in America will be all over this album like Oprah on a child molestor, and I confess, I’ll probably buy it. But I’d like to suggest an alternative for those craving a new music purchase. The Eurythmics came out with a compilation CD this week, The Ultimate Collection. I know what you’re thinking…how can a combination of songs from the last 20 years compete with new Madonna material? It’s the freaking Eurythmics, with new songs! This could lead to a whole new album. It’s just too exciting to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home