Thursday, November 02, 2006

If the Torah Fits...

Four times.

That's how many times I was asked, this past week, if I was Jewish. FOUR. Apparently...

- I look Jewish.
- I bough the organic chicken breast at Trader Joes, which also happens to be kosher.
- I have "Jewish mannerisims".
- I'm "sensible".

I do tend to find the Jews more interesting and attractive than any other religious or ethnic group (is Jewish "ethnic?"), but I am, alas, a recent convert to the Church of Agnosticism. I also have a long line of Methodists and Catholics up and down my family tree who have no idea that Rosh Hashanah is a holiday and not a casserole. So, for those who feel I should convert...I'll keep it in mind.

Oh yeah - if there are any cute, gay, single Jewish guys between 27 and 35 out there...call me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Roach said...

I agree. You are sensible.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is Tom Goss from myspace.

I usually leave comments cause my messaging most often doesn't work. However, I cannot on your page cause I am not your friend (what's up with that anyway?)

Funny blog. Thanks for the compliments. Have a good Sunday worshiping in the church of Agnosticism.

Tom

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home