Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Kenneth Cole Is Shit

I don't think a brand name has ever disappointed me as much as Kenneth Cole. After my coming out, I started buying this stuff just like every good gay boy in Ohio did for lack of any other serious name brands that most Homos wear. It's understandable - their stuff looked great and wasn't too terribly expensive. Yet I started to notice a trend. My first pair of KC shoes fell apart in six months. The sunglasses I bought lost a screw. A shirt I bought started coming apart, literally, at the seams.

But like a moth to a flame, or like Whitney to Bobby, I kept coming back. I bought a $150 KC bag six months ago, and...as I should have known, I lost the handle from the bag because the screws holding it in fell out. The shoes I bought last year are nearly unrecognizable due to cracked "leather" and shoestrings that are about to snap.

Is this a well known fact? Have I just been my old naive self? Well, no longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home