Wednesday, August 03, 2005

How I Wasted My Summer

Are we all hooked on Big Brother 6 yet? Yeah, I didn't think so. The usual response when I mention to someone that I watch this is "You really watch that?". I can understand their confusion. This is the sixth year in a row in which I watch the first episode of the season, swear that I will never watch that season or any other, and then promptly return the next week for another dose. No one has yet to describe to me why it is that I may be attracted to this show. Is it the allure of something our President is rumored to have once called "strategery"? Is it the bogus excitement of the nomination and eviction of houseguests? Is it the over-the-top dramatic soundtrack? Likely, it's the boys. In any event, BB has captured my attention yet again, and the hokey alliances and strategies have now taken over my summer. What would I be doing with that time that I spend in front of the TV if BB6 wasn't aired? Writing my next novel? Working at a homeless shelter? Backpacking across Europe? Oh, Big Brother, why do you torment me so?!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home