Saturday, July 30, 2005

So why does one blog?

There are many answers to that question, depending on what you're trying to accomplish. Some use blogging as a way to communicate with the world in a way that they are unable to do when face-to-face with those important to them. Yet others blog as a way to register their lives with the world in a way thought unimaginable only 15 years ago, archived in a world that is searched by hundreds of millions every day.

I've started my blog as a way to share with the world what I hope are interesting bits of life that would otherwise fade into the background of our greater reality. So, don't expect to see the extreme ups or downs of my life here, or anything you would expect to hear when asking the question "How're you doing?". What you will get is a look into the way that I see the world (scary, right) and maybe an opinion or two along the way. Oh yeah, I'd like some comments too. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your philosophy. It has always been my thought that people putting things on the Internet should be contributing stuff that is actually useful, not crap or simply the same thing that ten thousand other people are going to say. It's very satisfying to hear from someone you don't know, telling you that you've helped them out with something. Unfortunately for me, it is lobster artichoke dip, and my recipe's call for fifteen pounds of lobster isn't even real.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home